You’ve been a faithful, dedicated employee. Now it’s time to retire — and you have every right to expect the pension benefits promised you.
But over the course of your employment or period of retirement, your company merged or filed for bankruptcy, or there may have been a personnel change. All of a sudden, your benefits stop coming — or never come at all.
Green Haines Sgambati has an outstanding track record in litigating even the most challenging and technical cases such as these. Our lawyers help clients obtain all of the benefits to which they’re entitled. Typical issues include:
• Pension denial claims
• Benefit entitlement issues arising from the sale of a business
• Retiree medical plan claims
• ERISA preemption
• Pension plan termination and partial termination disagreements
• Withdrawal liability conflicts under the Multiemployer Pension Plan Amendments Act
• Pension miscalculation claims
• Executive compensation cases
• Severance plan disputes
• COBRA, life insurance and other welfare benefit plan contests
• HMO and other managed care cases
• Spousal election benefits
Our success is grounded in our intimate knowledge of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the legislation that covers retirement, disability, healthcare, welfare and other benefits.
Our lawyers’ practical understanding of the interaction between ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, and other state and federal statutes governing employee benefit plans is critical to effective litigation — and effective counsel on preventing lawsuits.
A pension plan termination or denial of benefits can come as a shock. At Green Haines Sgambati we help clients deal with these and other unexpected events. We can help you assert your pension plan rights and obtain the benefits to which you’re entitled. Call us today for a free consultation.