Do you believe you or someone you know was wrongfully terminated? The employee bears the burden of proving this wrongful discharge. Our experienced lawyers can assist you in finding evidence, proving your case and recovering the damages you deserve.
Ohio wrongful termination laws
- Discriminatory Firing- it is illegal for an employer to fire an employee based on a protected characteristic.
- Breach of Contract- If you have a written employment contract promising you job security, you are not an at-will employee.
- Wage and Hour Issues- It is illegal for employers to fire an employee for filing a wage complaint, testifying in a wage hearing, or instituting legal proceedings to collect unpaid wages.
- Time off Work- State and federal laws give employees the right to take time off work for certain civic obligations and personal responsibilities. Employers may not discipline or fire workers for exercising these rights. These rights include:
- Military leave
- Voting leave
- Jury duty
- Family and medical leave
- Military family leave
- Workers’ compensation- employers may not fire employees in retaliation for filing workers’ compensation claims.
- Workplace safety- Employers cannot fire employees for reporting violations of workplace safety laws.
- Public policy- Employers are prohibited from firing employees in violation of a recognized public policy
Let us fight to get you the compensation that you deserve. Our wrongful termination lawyers are here to protect you!